View Single Post

Old 12-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Anybody remember a valued poster named Rubicon? I looked forward to his reply on many issues just like I did with Carl From Tampa God rest his soul.

These fantastic people gave up on our Forum because it became a hassle to participate. There are many more people than that who have been targeted by The Very Small Minority of Keyboarding Olympians who for the thrill burn someone to the ground and then say, Did I Do That?

It was rough for a while and I was a target for a bit from a few so I speak from experience that I know that being attacked by the squad is hurtful. I don’t respond to them and wouldn’t look at their coveted links for all The Tea In The Villages.

The higher ups have used the suspension of people in a very useful way because when they get their privileges back they are as Demure as can be for a bit. Great observation and post to the OP. Most people are just fantastic. Just a couple misguided posters who beg for attention with their negativity.
I miss him too, and wonder if he is well. Both sides of that debate had some wonderful people who debated well and properly and didn't side step or whine when a better point was made. Of course you remember who Rubicon was and Richard who often took the other side and has gone to the arms of God. I liked and respected them both and didn't ALWAYS agree with them all of the time. They were both gentlemen and kind. And didn't JUST focus on politics either. Richard worked at the soup kitchen near The Villages for years. Rubicon was very interested in the economics of the country and the world and was brilliant in his assessments. I can't recall either of them having tantrums or sulking. AND they always made their point in a few words.