View Single Post

Old 12-13-2019, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
...Planting a tree where it is going to cause someone a problem is a mistake...
Therein lies the rub. Maybe the tree was planted in a bad location. But I’ve read nothing in this thread that makes that a certainty.

There are many...and I do mean MANY...trees in TV that could be argued to be in a poor location. But so many things come into play. How long has it been there. Has it been maintained properly during growth years. Many more.

I’m not totally disagreeing with what your saying...especially the part I quoted. I’m only somewhat disagreeing with the general idea that any developer is automatically deemed responsible for somehow fixing any tree that a homeowner believes to be a problem.

I had two palm trees that were growing into a mature oak on my lot. They had to go. But I’m sure they looked nice when they were young and the oak tree not as large. Call it poor landscaping foresight if you wish. But it’s done so commonly I would never try to convince any developer that something they planted ages ago was their responsibility to remove. Proper trimming during early growth years might have prevented the problem. I had the palms removed myself.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 12-13-2019 at 10:38 PM.