View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Mrs B had acute pain develop from a prior day urology procedure. We were directed to ER. TVRH ER would not see her for several hours. We went to South Lake Hospital ER instead, with wife in much pain, and were seen and treated immediately. TVRH is a joke, and I had such hopes for it.
It is the teacher in me, repeating again this truth about Emergency Rooms.

They triage, and I know you know that means that those with life threatening situations are seen first, such as problems with breathing, enormous blood loss, acute cardiac situations.

This is the high season in Florida, (if this happened recently) and many, many people who do not live here full time and who do not have a doctor to consult here, will go to the E.R. and to urgent care and they become very, very busy. Also a good many of us old birds are passing through the emergency room as they leave for heaven.

And still another thing. I can only guess how extreme was her pain and high your anxiety was over it. I am so sorry this happened and hope somehow the new ownership can and will see to it that the E.R. improves.

Hope she is feeling better.