View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Default Caution

A neighbor in close proximity had a palm tree removed from their front yard WITHOUT their permission. A couple of guys in a white truck (no markings) showed up claiming to be "arborists of The Villages and were taking out diseased palm trees per orders". When asked, they could not furnish documentation or show/tell him what disease. The home owner told them "no" and went inside to call about it. (Don't know who he was calling.) When he came back out, they had already cut the tree down, loaded it onto their truck, and attempted to collect money. He had his cell phone with him this time, took photos, and proceeded to call the sheriff. They took off. One of the selling points for his buying that particular house was the tree. I am anxious to find out if this does not fall under criminal trespass and criminal destruction of property.

For this reason, I don't doubt this story. Stuff is happening. People are not supposed to do things to another's property without permission or invitation. Trespassing and damaging are unacceptable. If a tree on your property hangs over the property line of another's property, they can cut/trim up to the property line and straight up to infinity and be within the law. They cannot do whatever is on your side without permission.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."