Thread: Yamaha Too Fast
View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 06:20 PM

Hello, just a FYI, I recently purchased a brand new Club Car Onward GAS Golf Cart. Prior to purchasing I did allot of research on carts and their speed adjustments - I initially wanted something that went around 23MHP. ALL golf cart manufacturers must make their golf carts with a maximum speed under 20MPH when leaving their factory, it’s the law they have to follow. Any reseller or owner who tampers with the manufacturers top speed (this can be done on most makes and models) and who modify the speed or change parts to increase the speed can be completely liable should an accident occur in the state of Florida, including several other states. Not only this, as soon as an accident occurs with any golf cart(s) in The Village, the police sends the cart(s) to be inspected and gets it verified to see if any modification were done on the cart, especially checking any speed modifications. If the inspection finds that the cart was modified to have an increased speed over the 20 MPH speed limit you are or can be charged. This finding also gets reported to your golf cart insurance. Your insurance now has the right to withdraw all coverage on your golf cart insurance liability because your cart was modified and exceeded the permitted speed limit through modifications. This is the case wether you purchased the golf cart this way from a dealer or someone private or if you’ve modified the cart yourself. Now you can be facing lawsuits from either a pedestrian, another motor vehicle or even another golf cart that did obey the speed limit of its golf cart. This is also true if you rent a golf cart with a home you rent. If your renters get in a accident, even though they are found to be in the wrong and if the golf cart gets inspected and its speed has been modified in any way, shape or form or the cart exceeds the legal speed limit of 20MHP, you as the owner of the cart can also be found liable. I was surprise to gather all this information from insurance companies, golf cart manufacturers and honest and knowledgeable golf cart dealers within the areas of The Villages. Just be aware, that the extra few MPH you can gain can be costly in the long run..... if you have a cart that exceeds 20MHP, be warned and verify the laws of your state and ask questions to your your insurance broker and the details in the policy coverage about Golf cart speed limits. There’s been a few post above regarding what’s everyone’s hurry anyways, leave a few minutes earlier and enjoy the ride. Stay safe everyone!