View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 08:53 PM

Thanks for all the input some neighbors said it’s just a group of people who live somewhere on the block but didn’t know where any of them live. It’s not a huge deal but as mentioned the light post only accepts a light bulb so they had to put in an adapter so it will accept a light bulb and a source for a plug. In putting in these lights they had to remove one of the glass panels for the Christmas lights plug so the light and plug itself is exposed to the rain. Also when the light post cover was left on the lawn it was raining out some the light fixture was exposed to the rain and got all wet. As we know electricity and water doesn’t mix and you run the risk of shorting the outlet. Of course the screws securing the light cover is also missing.

I’m not one to get outraged over every little thing put my aim for posting is to find out if The Villages gives them some authority to do this. I’m sure this wasn’t intentionally malicious and their intentions was to just make the block look festive.

The lights will be returned when they come get them and I will just explain in a nice way it’s probably in everyone’s best interest to not place anything on my property without permission and I would appreciate if they would fix my light cover. End of story, Happy Holidays Everyone!