View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 06:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The last home show I went to in The Villages featured one level kitchen islands. Seems the two level islands are becoming a thing of the past in this community. I much prefer the two level island. I would miss the area to place items against the "step up" part such as salt and pepper shaker, napkin holder and other stuff. Also, the "step up" part has electrical outlets which I would surely miss.

I remember years ago, HGTV stressed that if you have an open concept kitchen, a two level kitchen counter is an absolute must. The step up section hides a lot of the "mess" when preparing meals, especially when you are entertaining. That surely is the case in my kitchen!

I use my two level island kitchen counter also as a bar when entertaining. I like to keep my "bar" equipment and liquor separated from the seating area and the two step island serves that purpose perfectly.

The two level kitchen counters may be old fashioned but I honestly think they are much more functional than the new single level counters.
Agree with your post. One level looks nice until you want to use it. I can't understand why builders are going with this concept.