View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
It seems fair to require to be paid for each time you visit a doctor, even to talk. They have expenses and provide a much needed service.
I very much agree, but twice here in The Villages, for the first time in our lives we felt that two PCP Doctors had someone come in to just add to their income, such as give tests on peripheral blood vessels to all patients and have a P.A. schedule everyone for a well person interview, (paid for by medicare) Or have done in their office what had been done by an outside provider before more expertly. ( I had a Holter monitor put on me in a doctors office by a tech who was literally reading the directions and said he hadn't done this before). Four leads detached themselves from me before the 24 hour period ended and that had NOT happened before and I was very careful.

Now that we have switched to The Villages Health Care...(luckily our company insurance switched to UHC) we have none of those issues. We really respect and are grateful for the care all three of us receive.