Thread: Yamaha Too Fast
View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Whenever I took my cart in to get it serviced they always gave me a paper to sign so they could have permission to adjust it. My cart never ran over 20 mph ever. You know you can take it to the Yamaha dealer & have them do it. 24 mph wouldn’t bother me a bit. In fact I wish my cart ran at least 24 mph. You’ll never get stopped for going 24 mph. In my 8 yrs. I only saw 2 carts pulled over & I don’t know if it was for speeding or what. I don’t think you’ll get pulled over for going 24 mph. What is your concern?
I agree. I've also been here for many years and I've never had a problem with anyone's cart going "too fast." The carts that are a problem are those that go "too slow" on the MMP (16-18 mph) and don't recognize they are backing up traffic. Passing on the MMP is not that easy and oftentimes the extra speed is exactly what you need to safely pass these slower carts. I find it hard to believe that local LEO's want anything to do with stopping carts going 22-23mph. My experience is they would tell you they have a lot more important issues when prioritizing their efforts and public safety.