View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I had the opportunity to spend 3 days in the Village Hospital and covered the ride in the Ambulance and the EMS Team. I have heard a lot of critics of the hospital and actually had the opportunity to translate rumor's to facts. The whole experience started with a call to 911 and the EMS team appearing within a few minutes. The team was terrific, saw the problem, did some testing and transported me to the Hospital ER where the problems started. First it is a point that everyone tries to do the best they can with the tools given them. Unfortunately the tools in the ER are beyond poor, they are absent. When I was there the average waiting time for those in the waiting room was 6 hours. I spent 14 hours waiting for a room. The bed I waited in was terribly rough and unccomfortable. When I asked for a pillow I was told none were available which made it that much more uncomfortable. There is no reason the staff should feel good as there were no standard uniforms and why would someone feel proud when they were wearing dungerese to work and basic medical tools were not available. They all appeared dedicated to their work but their morale was really down and you could not fault them. At the point that I was moved to the general hospital room things picked up 100%. The staff morale was high, the dedication was there along with the tools needed to do their work. The net: There are 2 sections to the issue of the hospital the ER the Regular Hospital. The ER needs a true Manager who manages the staff time, demands the needed improvements, makes sure the patients are aware of time, actions and updates at least every 20-30 minutes. Pay enough to the staff to ensure they are driven to exceed requirements. After bring admitted it is now easy to understand why the hospital received a "!" rating for the ER.
The date that you experienced this would be helpful. Many improvements to the management and staffing of TVRH ER have been accomplished recently.