View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I'm on the "net" a fair amount...maybe too much some days. I've noticed the snarkiness of "some"....generally it's always the same people. This site is tame compared to others I've belonged to. It's amazing how more than rude people can be when they hide behind a screen. Out and about, every once in a while one can observe some very rude people. I was raised to be polite and the "Golden Rule" was emphasized. Sad to say I'm not always using those but keep in mind for others---they may have not been taught the social mores that a bit of "sugar" goes a long way over "vinegar". What I've really noticed is that "some" people feel the need to comment whether or not it applies well to the subject or not....or a question is given and an correct answer is not---only a string of "something else's" spew forth. I've belonged to this site about 10 yrs and the kindness of posts have ebbed and flowed.
I agree, I think sometimes when you give your opinion about something, there’s some people that aren’t going to let you be right & can get a little mean about it when they tell you that they know more about the subject. Where I live now, it’s not a retirement community but a very nice place to live, other than this one time comment. The first thing I was told by my granddaughter was, watch what you post. Apparently a couple of people didn’t like my comment & I was called a Ahole & a P_ _ _k. They could of made their point without saying what they learned when living at home.