Thread: Yamaha Too Fast
View Single Post

Old 12-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
I agree. I've also been here for many years and I've never had a problem with anyone's cart going "too fast." The carts that are a problem are those that go "too slow" on the MMP (16-18 mph) and don't recognize they are backing up traffic. Passing on the MMP is not that easy and oftentimes the extra speed is exactly what you need to safely pass these slower carts. I find it hard to believe that local LEO's want anything to do with stopping carts going 22-23mph. My experience is they would tell you they have a lot more important issues when prioritizing their efforts and public safety.
Actually they will pull you over, not on the MMP that I know of but they will on the streets. They not only charge you for speeding but also driving an illegal vehicle and depending on how long they watched you may add illegal merge and reckless driving. Largest fine I have experience with (not me be but someone I know) was $620.00 and yes, he did argue with the officer so I assume some of the charges were a result of that. They also gave him 48 hours to have the cart adjusted. It is a small risk, but it's out there.

Berks County Pennsylvania