View Single Post

Old 12-16-2019, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Regarding people stopping to let off people in front of stores. I am very tolerant but that can cause an accident. Cars (carts ) behind don't expect car stops.

Thinking about it another way, we really don't expect cars to stop to let out people in the right away. That is why supermarkets have convenient parking including handicap parking spaces. It is important enough to be alert to customers coming and going to and from the store let alone cars stopping to drop off persons. And the blowing of the kiss where I come from would be an insult and not a friendly gesture.
I would never endanger anyone and your post has made me think twice. We won't be doing that again. (Stopping to drop me off) The blowing of the kiss was kind of an insult, a gentle insult, because where I am from, honking at someone that paused to drop off someone..just for a brief moment is not considered a friendly gesture.

In many of the middle states where I was born and lived until moving here, most people don't honk at anyone unless it is something REALLY important.

We have all been taught quite differently between what is nice and what isn't. Even what is right or wrong. And I think our age illuminates other things we do not have as history. We all said the pledge in public school and we even had a Christmas pageant with angels and Mary and the baby...in public school.

Perhaps I have outlived being understood easily. That makes me sad.

P.S. I recognize the difference and importance of separating Church and State. It was just back then, everyone any of us knew were Christians and Jews. We lived in the middle part of this country. I was in my twenties before I met an Asian person, and have so enjoyed every one I met. Ditto a Native American, and a middle Easterner. But again I digress. Some of the conversations on this forum have really hurt me. Really hurt me.

Merry Christmas mtjed/

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-16-2019 at 05:02 AM.