View Single Post

Old 12-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,735 Times in 5,252 Posts

Just to point out a few other construction quality features that I was impressed with in The Villages houses.

1. The interior doors and trim tolerances are some of the best I have seen. I am extremely picky, but I didn't need to ask the builder to adjust any of my doors.
2. The trim painting job was very neat and almost looked like it was factory coated.
3. T&D, who does most of the new concrete work is an excellent concrete company, and very helpful and responsive with warranty issues.
4. The Great Lakes flooring company is an excellent company that installs much of the new house flooring. Obviously, the carpet is cheap, but no carpeting is going last more than about 5 years anyway.
5. Munn's is an excellent HVAC company. This summer, they fixed my AC system within 4 hours on a Saturday under the 5 year warranty.
6. The designer push type light switches are usually an optional extra charge in new houses, but standard in The Villages.
7. The Villages warranty program is the best and most concerned about customer satisfaction that I have seen anywhere.

I was involved with construction work for over 40 years, and I don't think there is a problem with The Villages construction quality.