Thread: Pizza ?
View Single Post

Old 12-16-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Timing on Sat made it impossible for us get to a favorite restaurant, with the ability to sit @ the bar.

We settled for a third choice restaurant--nothing on their menu hit our fancy

Decided to play it safe-ordered an antipasto, it was fine, then still trying to play it safe we ordered a pizza real thin

well the crust was like cardboard & IMHO, the crust reminded us of the crust on a "chicken pot pie"

Not naming the restaurant, because lots of Villagers love it

Hs anyone every had pizza dough that tasted like "chicken pot pie crust"
We went to a very popular restaurant near us in a strip mall last night, our first choice was Belleview Pizza and they were closed so drove back near our home and decided on a place close by. The crust was thinner than anything I've ever seen! I think a credit card would be thicker... A couple walked in after us and they got their pizza before us. We thought that was odd but didn't say anything. About 10 minutes later, she delivers are pizza and with a "doe in the highlight look" asked if it looked okay. After waiting so long, we said it looked fine. First bite, barely room temp!! Since we didn't want to wait for another pizza, we ate most of it and left. We looked at each other and said 'no more... we went about a year ago and didn't return but never again'. It was beyond horrible, there were maybe 3 tables with customers and I can see why! Not sure if you were the couple that got your pizza before us but it sounds like the same experience! We thought it tasted like a bad drive-in movie pizza from years ago!!!