View Single Post

Old 12-17-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, the construction quality in The Villages is comparable to houses being built in most areas of the Country. The house I sold in Virginia cost about 5 times the cost of my Villages house, but the construction quality was actually lower than The Villages construction. For example, I had several high walls where the drywall was very wavy because of crooked wood studs. In The Villages, they use metal studs for the high walls, which results in a straighter drywall finish. I also think the quality control is very good, and they will fix almost anything you don't like during the warranty period.
However, it has been our experience that they won't fix a "very wavy wall because of a crooked stud." We have one and the builder pulled out a sheet of paper and said it was within specs. We had a lot of "within specs" issues. AND, they don't use metal studs for high walls because this one is wood. House is less than one year old.

Our builder said they were using metal studs now, so we drove around and looked at new construction to see for ourselves. We saw the metal studs in kitchens and bathrooms where they can run the electrical through the "studs" with the pre-positioned holes. Not one had the metal studs in the entry where the high wall would be. That was in Monarch Grove...one of the newest areas South of 44.