View Single Post

Old 12-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Let's start with the magnolia tree. Have you ever had one ? They branch out quite a bit (and will block a substantial part of a view) plus have far reaching root system which depending on location can cause sidewalk, driveway, and foundation problems. Their leaves are very broad and fall off leaving you with clean up of lawn and worse yet gutters. They blossom only a few days out of the whole year. Are you sure this is the tree for you. A palm tree will be trimmed such that the truck is the only part of obstruction to view except near the top. If this type of tree fits in with your landscape scheme I think it may be a better choice for both you and the neighbor. I wholeheartedly support the idea of if change is made the neighbor be given the proposal of paying for removal and replacement. Seeme like a good compromise that should not yield any hard feelings. On the other hand I do support the notion you have followed all the rules and have no obligation to the neighbor for your own property and pleasure.