View Single Post

Old 12-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Default Sumter County Taxes

I want to pay my taxes even if they have gone up 30% or so. I got my tax bill for Nov. and realised I could not afford a lump sum payment. I am a senion on a fixed income. I called Randy Mask line and was told I should have filled out a payment form which I did not know about. I have since filled it out for 2020. I was also told I could submit a form to pay current taxes over 5 months - Nov. to March and did that. I sent in a check for as much as I could afford. I went online this week to make a payment and there was NO option to put in an amount, just full payment.

I called and explained my issue, was put on hold for a while and was told, yes, I would be charged FULL amount online.

Why are seniors like you and me being treated this way? Why can't we make partial payments online if we have an agreement? This is so wrong and Randy needs to fix this if he wants to keep his job. Giving the option to make an agreed upon partial payment hurts nobody but makes it easier for seniors to pay their taxes.