View Single Post

Old 12-20-2019, 07:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,911 Times in 3,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I certainly don't want to sound cruel or insensitive, but I am a realist. Like you, I am retired, and actually on less than a fixed income since I have no pension and no social security. However:

1) "I want to pay my taxes even if they have gone up 30% or so."

You don't really get the choice of whether or not you WANT to pay your taxes, otherwise no one would.

2) "Why are seniors like you and me being treated this way?"

We are not being treated any different than any other taxpayer

3) We both knew what our taxes were when we purchased our homes, I didn't for a moment think that they would do anything other than go up

4) We both knew that the tax bill, along with any bond, was an annual lump sum payment

5) "Why can't we make partial payments online"

Because Sumter County is a government taxing authority, NOT a finance company

6) Try this argument with the IRS and see how far you get

7) "This is so wrong and Randy needs to fix this if he wants to keep his job."

I don't view it as right or wrong, it's simply the way it is, like most places in the country. And I doubt Randy Mask's job is dependent on your personal satisfaction with county tax regulations.

That being said, I do hope you find a way to resolve your issue

Exactly.

I think the original post was just a hit and run.......complain, not looking for a solution.

Considering the RE Taxes are probably ~2% of the home's value, a 1% of the home value should not be the death of anyone.

Most tax bills increased less than 15%, so if the OP's increases 30% it's because of the value of their investment in their home.

I doubt we will hear from the OP.