View Single Post

Old 12-20-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I had a primary care physician here in TV (will not say his name) who ordered lab work during my visit with him. He then required me to come back to his office to discuss the results which would require another co-pay. I could easily afford to pay a second co-pay but it was principle that I should not have to do that. I told him "no thanks". I can view my results on my portal and figure out what is abnormal. If there were any abnormal results then I would consider discussing with him. Needless to say, I found another doctor who did blood work in advance of my appointment and then discusses results at that appointment........as it should be done.
OK, not trying to be difficult, truly trying to understand the situation. Most Dr's ALWAYS order ROUTINE labs before the apt, and if the patient complies, you are correct, they can discuss with you at the time of your apt....the ISSUE I see with your post this is that you stated your Dr ordered "STAT" bloodwork, which tells me there was an indication of a medical issue that potentially could require medical intervention...so two different animals completely. Urgent/problematic/complaint initiated medical care is TOTALLY different from "routine" labs and care. HOW would you expect your medical care team to be able to "preorder" STAT bloodwork that was based on your complaints/symptoms as a patient?? WHAT did you present with at the initial Dr office visit that caused him to order STAT bloodwork that required this visit? This does not sound at all like "routine" healthcare maintenance scheduled apt procedures.