Thread: Window problem
View Single Post

Old 12-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I imagine you can find someone to replace a single window. I mean, what would happen if the wind blew a branch against your house and it broke just one window? No one would recommend you get all of them replaced.
I called 6 contractors ~2 years ago for a major construction renovation. 2 never replied, 1 never showed up and 2 of the 3 that showed up threw a "price" at me while standing in my driveway that was absurd without even doing any computation and the final guy came in with a price 1/2 the last 2 complete with drawings, proposals etc etc and got the job at $20K+. Basically my point was, these guys have enough business and really don't want to bother with "small stuff." And of the above 6, 4 of them were "major" contractors in this area. Some day things will change around here and it will become a buyers market and they will be out looking for work. If a tree broke a window it would likely be taped up for a LONG time unless insurance was paying the contractor then you know they would come running.