View Single Post

Old 12-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Default Replacing Slider in Charlotte

We have a Charlotte Courtyard Villa. After many years I was tired of the lack of insulation and the glare that would imped watching TV. My criteria: 1: wanted to retain access to the side patio as that is where I access my grill from the dining room/kitchen. 2: wanted to be able to control the sunlight in the late afternoon or when watching TV without putting in heavy curtains. 3: to have a better insulated door. The two options were to install French Doors, these needed to open to the outside (due to the sill), or to replace the door with a better quality Sliding door. I have neighbors who went the French Door route that hate them, due to lack of sealing well and the fact that there is no screen, so not able to just open the door in the spring or fall for some fresh air. We chose to install a high quality Slider that included a screen and had mini blinds between the panes that let us control the amount of light at any given time. It was not an inexpensive option, but I am totally happy with my choice. We went through Perry Doors in Spanish Springs and the door was installed in July.