View Single Post

Old 12-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Default Sharing some stories from my visit to TV.

My wife and I had a wonderful trip to the Villages from December 7- 15th. We stayed in the Village of Hemingway in a beautiful 3 bedroom two bath cottage home. Thanks to Debra the owner for making her home available to us. We went to all three town squares my favorite is Sumter, my wife loved Spanish Springs. We went to Cody's, two for one drinks 11-7, Havana Country Club, Sammy's, The flying biscuit, City fire, the list goes on and on. We walked into the flying biscuit at 6:45 pm Sunday it closes at 7 pm just FYI we didn't know but the folks there welcomed us and told us after dinner, oops. We visited friends in Fernandina and had chocolate martini's thanks Russ and Carol. We walked the boardwalk at 6:30 PM at lake sumter and asked why the pier was closed dusk to dawn and a man told us just go out there no one cares, so we did like the law breakers we are. We took pictures wrestling the full size steers on the entrance into Brownwood. We logged many miles on our gas Yamaha golf cart and I am already working on how to improve the headlights on the one I buy in the future. People were warm and inviting and the service everywhere was pleasant and quick. We saw Christmas displays everywhere from the Eisenhower to the yards of so many homes. We felt welcome. Thanks to all who live in The Villages for making such a wonderful place anyone would be proud to be a part of. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Warm Feelings to you all!