View Single Post

Old 12-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Rather personal question, I don’t live in Milwaukee, never have but I was addressing the post presented that stated taxes were cheaper here in Florida. I was attempting to point out that they should be vs what the citizens here get for their money. We also have the luxury of amenity fees, additional maintenance fees, a bond payment and separate garbage pickup fees. Let’s not forget the 7% sales tax on purchases also. Sumter county taxes are not low when one examines the whole ball of wax.

Enjoy the day, their numbers are all getting shorter for all of us.
OK, taxes----I lived in central NY
There was no bond, but developers in NY rolled the cost of infrastructure into the home price, so that's a wash. There were no maintenance fees and garbage pick up was included in taxes, but...you had to separate your recyclables and each type was picked up once every 4 weeks, and trash collection was once a week Sales tax was 8%. There were no amenity fees, but then again, no amenities. The nearest "cultural centers" were in Rochester, 60 miles away.
For "all that", I paid over 18K in property taxes. Here, I pay $4600, and my home here is assessed at 200K MORE than my home in NY. Oh, and I forgot, $90 each time it snowed more than 3 inches to plow the driveway---and we averaged 122 inches of snow/year. I'll pass on Milwaukee and stay here