View Single Post

Old 12-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
That’s like comparing a Lexus to a Yugo, Len. You get far more bang for your dollars in Milwaukee than The Villages after doing an online search. Milwaukee features public transportation, excellent colleges, beautiful Lake Michigan lakefront, fine restaurants that include multicultural cuisine eateries, professional baseball, basketball and hockey teams and a short drive north to Lambeau field. The medical facilities and providers are top notch, fine hotels, beautiful golf courses in and around the city, mixed cultures, art museums, fine theaters, a Riverwalk, great shopping. The list goes on and on but it’s much nicer for it’s tax dollars vs The Villages. One gets what one pays for.
Since I'm retired ang graduated from college over 50 yrs ago, never used public transportation,Lambeau Field was over 2 hrs away that doesn't affect me. Since I lived there I really didn't need the hotels. We have golf all over Florida a lot cheaper and a longer playing season.There are over 12 community, regional,dinner, and professional theaters within a short driving distance of the Villages. We are retired and travel a lot we take the Cruise Connection to the ports,the shuttle to the airport. We are a 2hr drive to St Augustine which has an excellent hotel the Bayfront great places to eat and the Limelight Theater. We are 2 hours from the gulf of Mexico we stay in Dunedin at the Best Western at the Yacht Club, Crab Claws at Frenchie's and a play at the Francis Wilson Theater. I think you get the Idea. On the Tax money and air fare we save, we go to Milwaukee for a couple of weeks (In the SUMMER) we hit the museums & the zoo. Then we spend a few days in Chicago at the Kempton Burnham Hotel downtown no car needed. We hit all the museums, hit some theater and eat our fill. Plus the hotels here during the off season are cheaper than Milwaukee. I always thought that's what retirement was supposed to be. The trouble is most people don't leave the Villages. WE DO Len