View Single Post

Old 12-21-2019, 01:08 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

[QUOTE=Aces4;1703700]Utilities bills can probably be equalized by the garbage fees here. Yes, I agree that we can travel distances here to enjoy different things but given lots of car travel, wouldn’t there also be attractions and cities around Milwaukee that add even more to the list?

The premise here is value for tax dollars. The city you cite, Milwaukee, has much more to offer and value than Sumter county. Therefore, the tax discrepancy. This conversation is not about choosing where one wants to live. It’s about value for tax dollars paid and services for those dollars. Again, one must consider all the extra charges along with the Sumter County tax bill]
Our garbage fees were higher, our water bill about the same. There is no value to something unless you use it IE transportation etc. The amount of money you spend on quality of life counts to me. Evidently you're not happy here, or don't use the clubhouses, swimming pools, exercise classes, enjoy the flowers, clean streets, low crime, no snow removal fees, landscaping fees less than 50% what I Paid up North. The amenity's fees are more than fair. I loved Milwaukee it was good for me and business. But I would never make an arbitrary statement about a city and its cost with no first hand knowledge of the city. We all know the Internet is always right.