View Single Post

Old 12-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

[QUOTE=Investment Painting Contractors;1703703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Utilities bills can probably be equalized by the garbage fees here. Yes, I agree that we can travel distances here to enjoy different things but given lots of car travel, wouldn’t there also be attractions and cities around Milwaukee that add even more to the list?

The premise here is value for tax dollars. The city you cite, Milwaukee, has much more to offer and value than Sumter county. Therefore, the tax discrepancy. This conversation is not about choosing where one wants to live. It’s about value for tax dollars paid and services for those dollars. Again, one must consider all the extra charges along with the Sumter County tax bill]
Our garbage fees were higher, our water bill about the same. There is no value to something unless you use it IE transportation etc. The amount of money you spend on quality of life counts to me. Evidently you're not happy here, or don't use the clubhouses, swimming pools, exercise classes, enjoy the flowers, clean streets, low crime, no snow removal fees, landscaping fees less than 50% what I Paid up North. The amenity's fees are more than fair. I loved Milwaukee it was good for me and business. But I would never make an arbitrary statement about a city and its cost with no first hand knowledge of the city. We all know the Internet is always right.
This discussion was about value for tax dollars. All that is being advised is tax dollars for that city are comparable to Sumter County tax bills. If Sumter County offered the same features as Milwaukee, our tax bills would be that much higher. This has NOTHING to do with where we live and is not knocking The Villages. It is a tax comparison. And you’re right, I don’t use all of the amenities here just like I wouldn’t in Milwaukee if I lived there. I can’t find the major sport complexes and teams or the museums or the public transportation, etc. here. Therefore, the tax level is lower here, that is the only point of this discussion.