View Single Post

Old 12-22-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default Not enough information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRose View Post
I hired a landscaper who did a poor job. After $4000, I have dead plants (they finished last Friday) and it just doesn’t look good overall. They offered to replace the plants if I paid for new ones, which I will not do. I already paid them too much for what they did. Any suggestions on who to call to fix it?
You say they just finished Friday and you have dead plants.
Has to be more time involved. Think about a xmas tree. It is cut off from it's roots yet it lasts several weeks.

As to plants. Realize what you buy is grown under ideal conditions, often in a green house. When, you plant it, your environment is not nearly the same as ideal and you cannot help but damage the roots and often the plant itself when it is put in. On top of that, we had a couple of cold days.

You do not say who did the work. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay for the cost of the plants. They did agree to redo the labor. If, you decide to give up and hire someone else, they may or may not be better and they will charge you for both the plants and the labor.

We all, including me, put in plants that are not really suitable for our growing environment. Do you have plant that you need to cover? Are they worth it? Miss one year and you may be digging it out-yet again. Plants that do well on one side of your home will surely die on another side due to sun, water, wind etc. The old rule still applies, the right plant in the right place.