View Single Post

Old 12-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

I recently purchased a new HP I7 9700 Windows 10 computer from Amazon for 900 dollars and I just set it up today. I used this Youtube video as a basic guide.

Windows 10 (Beginners Guide) - YouTube

Within an hour or so, I was back in business doing everything on it that I did on my old Windows 7 computer. The desktop looks just like Windows 7, and the video says to ignore the Windows 10 "tiles". This is probably the best advice you can get from the video. Also, the Windows Edge browser didn't seem to work as well as Internet Explorer, so I have been using Internet Explorer instead, which was already installed on Windows 10. I may switch to Edge later. So, for me, switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was no big deal, and will probably result in a better system in the long run.

Also, I installed my Turbotax disc on my old Windows 7 computer before disconnecting it, so I would have a backup. If you use Turbotax, you can buy the 2019 disc, and install it on a Windows 7 computer, and then install it again on a Windows 10 computer. Turbotax allows you to install the software on up to 5 computers. The reason I switched to Windows 10 is because I didn't want my financial information to be on an unsupported and unsecured computer.