View Single Post

Old 12-24-2019, 09:09 AM

I started this because I thought it was amazing how far in advance the developer is thinking in terms of homes to already have plans for 60,000 new homes south of 470. But then it turned into the north vs south civil war, which is a shame.

On the lack of golf courses south of 44, I am a golfer that plays twice a week on championship courses and maybe once a week on Executive down south. It is not an problem for me to drive 30 minutes or less and get a free cart and play up north. I am 60 now so as I get older, hopefully a lot older, I may not want to drive. When this happens I suspect there will be at least a few championship courses down here and probably more executive courses if I want to dial back to just executives. Again, I am talking 15 years or more from now. I will also say there are very few golfers on my street and that really surprised me as I began to form my golf group down here.

Right now the amenities they have south of 44 are perfect for me. Connectivity, I really don’t care. More trails to ride my bike on, fantastic. Shopping, I have Amazon Prime for anything I want to buy and I don’t have to drive to a store. Groceries, a Publix 10 minutes away and WalMart in Leesburg less than 30 minutes away. Again, for me and my wife, these are no big deal and with the homes that are planned, the shopping will come.

Bottom line, we did our research, knew the bond amount and taxes, knew it was not connected and no guarantee of a date to complete, but love our lot and home down here in the frontier. We look forward to more people joining us as they build like crazy.