Thread: Snakes
View Single Post

Old 12-24-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Depending on the size and age of a cat, a walled villa may be very effective. Unless you have trees that are near a wall, not many cats can leap 4-5 feet (the height of many of the walls). If your cat did get out I would think neighbors are a far greater threat to a cat than any natural predator. Back in the day we had an indoor/outdoor cat that shared the back yard with hawks, eagles, raccoons and numerous other creatures and the only trouble we ever experienced was from folks worrying about the safety of our cat (it died a natural death at 14+ years).

We have lots of rabbits and an occasional opossum in our walled courtyard villa here in The Villages. Coupled with the anoles our dogs have a great time sniffing and chasing critters and unfortunately chowing down on rabbit droppings. The rabbits and opossums are active at night chomping away on plants so it would be great to have something that kept them at bay. We randomly see a few smaller snakes but we don't live anywhere near a preserve which I would expect is where the real action is.

Good luck with your efforts. I hope it works out for you.
If rabbits and opossums can get in why can't a cat get out?