Thread: Flu ???
View Single Post

Old 12-25-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I go to the Dr as needed and hardly ever delay. I have tried to tough it out in the past without good results. My Doctor at Santa Barbara has made me swear off Web M.D. cause he's the Dr and I'm not. I've had Double Pneumonia twice and almost checked out the second time because I waited to long to go to the Dr.

The Flu shot definitely works. I usually feel a little miserable for about a day but not this year. It was a very small reaction for some reason.

Quitting smoking is the best thing I've ever done. It has helped keep the Flu away I think.
Merry Christmas, Nucky

I agree, stay off Web MD and the other pseudo-medical websites. When a patient brought an internet print out to his/her visit, I took it in my right hand, passed it to my left hand then into the trash can without even glancing at it. My response to their comment of "don't you even want to look at it" was----"The day that I have to rely on your 10 minutes of on line research is the day you should RUN, not walk away from me. Besides, who do you think these sites go to when they need content?" (Of course, they then edit the correct information ad nauseum until any similarity to the truth is purely coincidental.