View Single Post

Old 12-27-2019, 07:38 AM

My husband is retired military with 60% disability. He gets his care at the VA clinic here at the villages on county road 42. It is a large clinic with most services. Be sure to have copies of you medical records, DD214, VA ID card, etc with you. I had tricare prime with MOAA as my secondary in Kansas. They have tricare standard and extra down here, but you should have MOAA as a secondary. Tricare standard and extra are like Medicare they pay the same rate as Medicare to the doctors. So when you get here you need to fine a doctor that is in the tricare network. That means they have signed a contract with the government that they will accept what the government will pay them just like Medicare. Tricare pays 80% of your bill and you pay 20 or 25% depending on if you have standard or extra. I think standard you pay no premium for it and extra you do, I’m not sure, I haven’t read the new coverage for 2020, only Medicare as I now have Medicare and tricare for life. MOAA will cover the 20% out of pocket you would pay. When you start looking for a doctor the villages healthcare does not take tricare or regular Medicare they want you to sign up for their network that limits you to only their doctors.Never give up you Medicare and tricare for life when you reach age 65. It means the difference between being locked in to a limited number of doctors or being able to go to any doctor in the country. I have had no problem finding doctors for all my healthcare here. You need to ask the doctors office if they accept Tricare and do the billing for you, not have you pay up front and then you have to fill out the paperwork and get reimbursed from tricare. MOAA you will have to submit paperwork for visits, they are very good about helping you, I had their coverage from 2000 till July 1, 2019, and liked them. If you go to a doctor or urgent care that is not in the tricare network you are responsible for that bill, so know before you go. If it is a true emergency and you end up in the ER you need to let Tricare know it in a certain time frame and it will be covered if the hospital is not a tricare contractor.