View Single Post

Old 12-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We got ARC approval to remove ours, but it was not easy because the tree was not dead. We were denied the first attempt where we mailed in the application and could not attend the hearing. I resubmitted the application and attended the next hearing and after pleading my case we were granted approval. We were lucky that one of the ARC members also had an out of control Magnolia and convinced enough other members to allow removal on the condition that we have the stump ground and planted another approved "shade tree". Note that palm trees are not considered shade trees. We planted an "Eastern Palaka Holly" tree, which I prune back three times per year and I will never let it grow out of control.
I'll never understand why the ARC can refuse removal of a tree that was planted by a homeowner. There are many instances where the homeowner makes a dreadful mistake with their choice of landscape and wants to remove it years later. The homeowner planted it so why can't they remove it without all these repercussions?

I know, I know.....we live here with rules and rules must be adhered to. Just vented and now I feel better.