View Single Post

Old 12-29-2019, 07:50 AM

I live near Morse and 44. There were multiple accidents at that intersection from people turning left off of 44 onto Morse, for the same reason (left-hand turn arrow was yellow and it was hard to see very fast oncoming traffic on 44 with other cars turning left in front of you). I knew that these signals are not the responsibility of The Villages, but I brought it up in my District 10 monthly meeting anyway hoping someone could refer me to the right person. Richard Baier (District Manager who attends all the Districts' monthly meetings) said he would personally talk to someone (I think from the county) and the arrow was changed to red within a week. At that time there was little traffic on Morse turning left onto 44 because not many people drove past 44. The arrow facing Morse is still yellow and maybe that also needs to change. The point is that if you see an issue, especially one that is life-threating, please talk to the District Manager instead of posting it on social media and think that whoever can help will happen to read it. If Richard Baier cannot help, he will direct you to the correct person.