View Single Post

Old 12-29-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
" I've also read that if universal health care went into effect, with all the billers that would be laid off, our GDP would drop 30% and really increase unemployment."

I'd really like to see a source for that IDIOTIC number. Since healthcare as a whole represents about 17% of our GDP, how could the small billing portion represent 30%?????
We did all our billing in-house at a cost of 3.4% of receipts. If you used a relatively expensive outside billing service it would run 7%, so let's use 5% as an average. 5% of 17% is 0.85%, a long way from 30 % I have a hard time believing anyone could read that number and think it was true, so I doubt it passes the "smell" test. In addition, I wouldn't worry about unemployment for these billers when the system is replaced with a huge government bureaucracy, wee all know how efficient those workers are.
Ok, I forget exactly what all was included in that 30%. Surely there are other occupations included somehow. However, the point being that it would be significant.