View Single Post

Old 12-29-2019, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As to your qualifying for a mortgage after you retire. First of all thanks to government regulation, some truly insane things are true. For example age discrimination is not allowed. A 90 year old can apply and get a 30 year mortgage.
As to your credit score, a bank can tell you. It is strange that people who do not owe any money will have a lower credit score then people who borrow and pay on time. To get a mortgage you cannot negotiate. They want to see xxxx coming in.
Government insanity? Our bank told us to get a letter from our brokerage declaring that we wish to get a check for several thousand sent to us every month. I was told by the brokerage that they get this often. They even sent me a form letter.
By the way, I was also told I could cancel the request as soon as my mortgage is approved. It is just a phone call to do this.

Some people are rushed with the prices are going up. Think, realize the same thing is true on the home you currently own.
But... Our home in Michigan did not appreciate at nearly the percentage in 16 years that our first TV home did in 8, or our home in NJ, which appreciated 80% in three years in the '80s.