View Single Post

Old 12-30-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
For those who were met at the airport, with things thrown at them, spit on, no one would hire you because you were in that war. Its a different respect today.

While at Shades, a little girl about 5 or 6 came running up to me, and asked if she could hug me. Her father smiles, I said yes. She whispered my daddy said nobody thanked you when you came home. I just want to hug you and tell you thanks for protecting my family.

Nam Vets are finally getting some honor for defending their country. Most were drafted, some didn’t come home, some are homeless, and then some who came home, but are dying from effect of the war. Those children whose parents serve are taught what our generation returned to.

You rarely hear a Nam Vet speak about the war. But we still believe it was an honor to serve.

Welcome home Brother
I thought it was rather perfunctory and disingenuous until I read your post. Now I realize the misperception was mine, and there are tears in my eyes. My late husband was a Viet Nam Vet and proud of his service. I was always so proud of him. He, like so many others, was gone too soon. My thanks to you all for your service.