View Single Post

Old 01-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you look in today's Sun under movie listing, you see the 8 shows listed at the Rialto, 3 have next to their title "opening at OMP on Friday", the other five say, "Thursday is last day".

The topic has been discussed on here when the Morse Family had the developer's meeting last spring. It was also written up in article in the newspaper. I just did search on TOTV and found these:

May 12, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean
This is probably old news but I just heard from Ryan McCabe in the Morse meeting that is televised on channel 2, the Rialto Theater will be undergoing a complete remodel. This includes recliner seats, a new sound system and a restaurant in the lobby. Finally, this theater will getting a much needed and overdue renovation. The project is starting this summer and will be completed next year and will be closed during the renovation.
September 14, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger
This is probably old news to some of you, but maybe not to all of you...

When I was at the Old Mill Playhouse this afternoon, I spoke to one of the employees, and this gentleman told me the Rialto Theatre will be closed for approximately 6 months starting sometime in October for major renovations. A Lazy Mac pizza restaurant will be opening in the lobby of the Rialto when it reopens.

This employee also told me that after the Rialto is renovated, the Barnstorm Theatre will be renovated as a Lazy Mac BBQ restaurant will be opening in that lobby. The employee told me Barnstorm Theatre will not need to close for this renovation.