Thread: Tax increase
View Single Post

Old 01-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
We could not agree more. This is not to say that there may have been better ways than (speaking for myself) ten years of virtually level property taxes followed by—and we keep hearing "25%" which we question, so we go check—and calculate that our property taxes have increased 8%. That's EIGHT PERCENT! For us, about $200.

A comparison between living expenses here versus wherever 'up north' one is from is not specious from each individual's point of view. Up north our property taxes did go up $200 or more—each year—not once in 11 years! Our property taxes here are one-fourth of what they were up north on a home of approximately the same size. Then add utility expenses to the mix, starting from trash pickup to heating fuel to electricity and so forth) plus such obvious things as state income tax (none in Florida). Each of us can do our own respective history and economics—and then do the arithmetic!

We need to question who is seeking to covertly—and likely anonymously—incite Villagers? OR Someone is playing Chicken Little....
Sort of depends how you're calculating it

My COUNTY tax went from $1925.88 to $2469.96, an increase of 28.26%
My AD VALOREM tax went from $4157.18 to $4706.81, an increase of 13.22%
My TOTAL BILL, which includes bond, went from $6967.10 to $7515.41, an increase of 7.87%

Need to compare apples with apples. My county tax increased by $544.28, everything else about the same