View Single Post

Old 01-03-2020, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency

If you want to get involved with the 224 613 Project check what your hometown library has for survivors/victims of crimes as well as those with mental illness. And to prevent bullying in all its forms.

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office (in Northern Nevada including Reno) has a lot of very good links for keeping people safe. Of course, each community would be different.

I had started looking for practical materials to help my fellow students at Earl Wooster High School cope with the 2-24-1976 murder investigation into the slaying of Michelle Mitchell. This was not "solved" until 1979. It is a very complicated matter. Anyway, my searches to aid my fellow high students started with the Washoe County Library and soon included the University of Nevada, Reno Library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have been working on my 224 613 Project since January of 1991 even if I had not starting using these two numbers in late 1992 after I started in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed. This was at the University of California, San Francisco Health Campus. I had discovered a glaring niche in libraries for practical information for survivors/victims of crimes when I started looking for materials to help my fellow Earl Wooster High School students cope with the 2-24-1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell near the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) campus. She was a 19 year old nursing UNR student and daughter of my then remedial English teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell. 2-24 is my birthday. I earned four degrees (B.A. 1980/B.A.1981 /M.A 1984./J.D. 1989) to do something about this niche but was pushed out of law librarianship when I forced the issue in a public way at law library conventions and then also starting working on public libraries via the American Library Association conventions. And then I thought why not bring in many of the writers going to these library conventions? And then extended it to celebrities like movie stars and Hollywood studio heads..... This is just a hobby. And I do it to help people not to put money in my pocket even though money has been a huge problem. And the forces that be in these institutions have pushed back as well in many ways. But after 29 years I am still at it. What's in your library for survivors/victims of crimes and their friends and families? Of course what is in some small town library in Alaska or Texas would probably be quite different from what is in NYC or Los Angeles.