View Single Post

Old 01-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
There is a shortage of good quality doctors every where in Florida. It takes almost 3 months to get a first visit even with a bad doctor. Wait until healthcare is free for Illegals. It will be a 12 month wait to see an incompetent inexperienced doctor, unless you are an Elite and can pay cash for the best.
My health insurance kicked in January 1, I had no insurance at all the month of December because we moved from Connecticut in November and I had to get a job to prove income, to be eligible for the ACA subsidy (too young for Medicare).

That was 4 days ago. Two days ago I made an appointment for my first visit with a doctor in Florida. My appointment is for January 24, and I was able to get this appointment with the first doctor I picked off the Florida Blue list. He's right across 441 from where I live, in the medical center next to the Regional Hospital. He's experienced, board certified, in a group practice with his wife and several other doctors, and has hospital privileges. So even if he's not available some day when I need a doctor, I can probably find a "squeeze-in" appointment with anyone in the practice in a pinch.

So as for speed, it was pretty darned quick. It's just normal insurance, Florida Blue (BCBS), co-pay is nominal, premium (for us) is nominal, and convenient to home.

I'll update with his name after the appointment, so I can recommend him (or not).