View Single Post

Old 01-05-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcanonge View Post
I recently purchased a Amazon Firestick. I down loaded Kodi and watched a few movies with some aggravation. I am not very teckie!
Now it seems I can't get any thing but No Stream Available / Add Ons Not Working / Buffering Issues / Freezing while playing etc. Would any one be willing to help me get this cleared up? Thanks
I've been using Kodi for over 5 years and what you're experiencing is normal. Your internet speed is fine. The lack of 'servers' i.e. sites that are prepared to host movies, TV pgms etc is the problem. You can install an app called real-debrid which may help but as you say you're a non teckie I would take the advice of those that say give up and enjoy the movies that come with TV firestick or Roku. Join Amazon prime if you want more free movies. Netflix is also a good bet. If you are determined to stick with Kodi then you face a long haul and a steep learning curve. Your best source of info/help is Troypoint. Currently I've found the addon Tempest to work relatively well. The subsection livetv (iptv) -> movies-> which includes HBO, Showtime, Starz and CNN work reasonably well. A vpn service is well advised. All in all the days of Directv, Dishnet etc are numbered and streaming is the future, your biggest problem will be which one(s) to choose but that's another topic.