View Single Post

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeau View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone..... I am now riding around TV with it and also love the lifted Onward. There is one tunnel other then the ones crossing Buena Vista near the Lopez Golf Course that seems too low for the raised cart. That one tunnel crosses Buena Vista at the Saddlebrook Center near the Polo Fields. I haven’t tried crossing there yet but went to physically measure that tunnel and many other tunnels by car before venturing off by golf cart and that specific tunnel seems way too low for the lifted Onward. That tunnel’s roof is full of scrapes from golf carts hitting it at the entrances. Dionysos, have you tried crossing that tunnel with your wife’s cart yet? If the county would allow lifted cart to cross at that same street light at Saddlebrook then it would not be a problem. They allow golf cart crossing across a street light on El Camino between the communities of El Santiago and Alhambra. To get across the North side of Buena Vista I have to go all the way down to Mulberry Grove tunnel and I just make it through by hugging the center sidewalk and just barely scrape the roof at a few spots. The other tunnels between Mulberry Grove going South towards Glenview Country Club are also all too low for a raised cart if you want to cross to the Lopez side, the Savannah Center tunnel is fine. Right now, if I want to travel from the Southern tip of TV all the way North to Mulberry Grove I have to avoid that one tunnel by the Polo fields which means coming down Morse Blvd. and then cutting across toward the El Santiago Center. A detour yes but it’s manageable.
What's wrong with the tunnel by the library (Parr and 101) and then Wedgewood to the Polo Ridge Gate area? That's a way of avoiding that tunnel you can't use.