View Single Post

Old 01-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
When I go to a restaurant I go there to eat, not to show everybody at the table a joke. If my phone is on it’s always, always on Bluetooth so it goes directly to my hearing aides. If someone wants me to look at their phone it better be pictures not a video. You wouldn’t go to the Dr. & start talking on your phone or at church. Turn your damn phones off!
going to your hearing aids is a nifty feature. However - are you engaging in conversation with whoever is calling your hearing aids, while you're with other people "live and in person"?

Might want to enact a scene like this:

>Buckeye at a table with 3 other people, all enjoying conversation and perusing the menu pre-order.
>Buckeye's eyes blink rapidly and the focus suddenly becomes distant, and he says, to no one in particular, "Hello? Oh hi Cindy!"
Everyone at the table falls silent and stares at Buckeye.
>With a sheepish smile toward each face at the table, Buckeye says, pointing to his ear, "Oh excuse me - I have a call." He turns away from the table on his chair, and says in a soft near-whisper, "I'm at lunch with some folks at a restaurant Cindy. I'll call you back when we're through."
>Buckeye touches a hidden remote control secured to his beltloop, and returns to the conversation at the table.

If you're doing anything else, I hope it is standing up and stepping out of the restaurant so your conversation doesn't disturb everyone else.

People seem to forget, as soon as they're the ones answering the phone, that phone conversations tend to be much louder than "live in person" conversations. When everyone can hear your end of the discussion, it becomes a disruption on THEIR audial space.