View Single Post

Old 01-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
going to your hearing aids is a nifty feature. However - are you engaging in conversation with whoever is calling your hearing aids, while you're with other people "live and in person"?

Might want to enact a scene like this:

>Buckeye at a table with 3 other people, all enjoying conversation and perusing the menu pre-order.
>Buckeye's eyes blink rapidly and the focus suddenly becomes distant, and he says, to no one in particular, "Hello? Oh hi Cindy!"
Everyone at the table falls silent and stares at Buckeye.
>With a sheepish smile toward each face at the table, Buckeye says, pointing to his ear, "Oh excuse me - I have a call." He turns away from the table on his chair, and says in a soft near-whisper, "I'm at lunch with some folks at a restaurant Cindy. I'll call you back when we're through."
>Buckeye touches a hidden remote control secured to his beltloop, and returns to the conversation at the table.

If you're doing anything else, I hope it is standing up and stepping out of the restaurant so your conversation doesn't disturb everyone else.

People seem to forget, as soon as they're the ones answering the phone, that phone conversations tend to be much louder than "live in person" conversations. When everyone can hear your end of the discussion, it becomes a disruption on THEIR audial space.
You’re exaggerating my comment. I think the original comment here was hearing a joke not a conversation with friends or family or “Cindy”. I’ll say it again, I might look at a text or email, IF I have my phone on. All I said was, if I would listen (if I had my phone on to listen on my Bluetooth) but I wouldn’t not talk or take phone calls to interrupt the people I’m with. I also said I would listen through my hearing aides so I wouldn’t be rude to have a loud conversation! If I had my phone on, but I don’t. Sorry, I should of made my comment a little clearer, but I was just trying to make it short & not to long!