View Single Post

Old 01-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A scooter, I've had two neighbors both buy Yamaha Scooters within the past five years. One crashed within the first month and spent a week in the hospital. The other rode it a lot for about six months and then hasn't touched it in two years. They were about $4500 new and look like this and they had to get training and an endorsement on their driver's license. You can get a 3 wheel kit installed on a Yamaha for about $3,000.

Any other scooter cheaper is probably some $1800 Chinese piece of junk and you wouldn't really be too happy with it. With a scooter you would need regular insurance and a license plate, of course you could drive off campus, but you would have a car for that. Do yourself a favor and get a golf cart.

The Villages Florida

Insurance, hurricanes fall under wind damage. Other than fire, that's the next possible catastrophe that could damage your home, so why not have coverage. In fact, I don't think you can homeowners insurance without wind damage. Here in The Villages the greatest danger would be wind damage from a tornado, since we're the lightning capitol of American a tornado can happen anytime anywhere. The only consideration to add to insurance would be flood or sink hole. Yes on sink hole and catastrophic collapse insurance since were are in sink hole alley, and flood insurance only if you're in a flood zone. Go to Villages Insurance, an independent agent owned by TV with locations at every square and they'll set you.

Near a square, well if you in a resale, especially between 466 and 44 you'll be within 3 to 4 miles to a square and maybe like myself in Tamarind Grove, I'm within that distance to two squares, LSL and BW. Even if you're north of 466 you'll probably be close to SS square. It's only the new homes that have the distance and golf cart availability to a square limitations. Buy the home (resale) that you like and the price you desire.

Golf courses that are already built are here to stay, at least in our lifetime, especially in Florida.