View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

I converted over a dozen people from Windows to Linux Mint. Linux Mint is a Windows-ish operating system that does not follow you or gather information on you. It does not force updates on you. While it will not run Windows programs (without special software), that are many programs for Linux that will work as good (if not better than) the Windows versions. Linux is not virus proof (neither is Apple), but the chances you being infected by one is VERY VERY VERY slim!

I will be at the Eisenhower Rec Center January 13th 1:00PM for a workshop on Chromebook and Linux, come on down and see it.

You can Google it or go on to YouTube and look for Chris Titus Tech, or Switched to Linux and many others.

With the support for Windows 7 ending this month and the problems Windows 10 is having, Linux is a better way.

Did I mention that Linux is FREE! Yes, you can download it and install it for free, no license no fees.

You use Linux more than you think, it's in a lot of things like cars, watches, web pages and much more! IBM paid $34 Billion for a Linux company (Red Hat) that sells support to major companies.