View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I can't speak for the folks running this site but I can say that the old forum was designed on a system that is outdated. Some of the modules in it would not work on future technology, especially now that we have smartphones and VR. One has to keep up to date if one wants to continue communicating with life outside your own personal reach. Functionality with current technology is pretty important. Even things most people do without thinking - like inserting a picture of something in a post - relies on the picture coming from a source that CAN be inserted into the post. If the picture's source location is an advanced tech location, then you might not be capable of loading it into an obsolete forum post.

And so - admins on fora worldwide have to occasionally update, recreate, retcon, and tweak new or existing systems to keep up with current technological requirements.
I am not impressed with you IT knowledge "If the picture's source location is an advanced tech location" What would be and example of advanced tech location???? How many people have access to advanced tech location??