View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The OP stated the golf cart ran a stop sign. That person chose to break the law and caused this unfortunate accident. This accident could have been avoided if the rules of the road were obeyed.

From where I sit, the OP was trying to make a point to add seat belts to your golf cart if you don't already have them. That is excellent advice and that is what I came away with from the original post.
It was an accident as far as I've read about it. Nowhere did I see it said that the person wanted to or planned to break the law. Everybody wants to obey the rules unfortunately mistakes happen. I wouldn't move my car or any truck I did drive several years back without my seatbelt but choose to not wear the seatbelt in the Golf Cart. I am over the age of 21 and it's my decision and I don't have to explain it to nobody for any reason. It is my personal preference. If you question my judgement hooray for you. It will feel good for a couple of minutes. I wanna be able to bail out if necessary or if we drove into or were force into a pond. Golf Cart Seat Belts aren't for everyone. I had the belts installed for other adults who use my cart.

If you feel like this about my post I don't give a Fig Newton!